Friday, July 1, 2011

Sneakin' Around Forever 21


I was walking around Forever 21 today with Jeans, and along with some other finds I picked up a pair of plain white canvas sneakers. For just $5.50, I saw these as an art project waiting to happen. At first, I didn't know what I wanted on them, so I started searching the internet. I found a some images I liked from a couple random websites, so my images are inspired by the bird from this image and the tree branch from this one. I love nature, in case you are a reader who did not know that. Anyway, I took three pictures during my painting process. The first picture is of after one color is painted, the second one is after two colors are painted and one sketch is applied, then the last one is the finished product. Some of the lines still need cleaning up, but I have called it a night tonight. This made me think about whether or not I should purchase a bunch of these shoes, paint them with designs, then sell them on Etsy. Hmmm. I'll have to think about that one.

Total Cost of Project:

Shoes: Forever 21, $5.50
Paint: Already owned these but if not, acrylic paints run for a couple dollars depending on where they are purchased and what brand
Brushes: Already owned these, prices greatly vary

Total Cost: $5.50 plus tax and gas to get to the mall

Acrylically yours,

Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment