Monday, February 20, 2012

The Search for Doll Lashes!


Please read our guest blog post by our fabulously fashionable friend Maggie!


For those of you who know me, this is old news. If you don’t know me, let me explain something to you. I will do anything possible to make my lashes look fake, while refusing to wear actual fake lashes. I have tried every mascara in Sephora. And yes, I’ve gone through my fair share of “omg best mascara ever phases,” which quickly come and go. However, I have recently been on aLancôme kick. I am allergic to almost everything in the world, but I’m always ready to try out a new product knowing that there’s a 75% chance that my eyes will look like I have pink eye for three days, or my face will break out in hives.


My first purchase was the new Hypnôse Doll Lashes mascara. The ad was too convincing. I too, wanted to disguise myself as a porcelain doll. I was not impressed with the mascara whatsoever looks wise. I applied it over one coat of primer, as instructed by the representative at the mall. However, the lashes, after two coats of the mascara, looked waxy, stuck together, and stiff. Not only did I not like how it looked, I had an awful allergic reaction and my eyes swelled. Realllllly cute.


I took back the Doll Lashes in exchange for something that wouldn’t make me look like I had been beaten up. The next representative convinced me to try Hypnôse Drama. It has a slightly S-curved brush which coats the lash line perfectly, AND… Drum roll please… It only takes one coat of primer and one coat of this mascara to give you wonderful results (and no allergic reaction!) This mascara gave me amazing length and volume. I will be buying this again as soon as my tube runs out.



<3 Mags



No comments:

Post a Comment