Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Feather Trend

I know everyone has probably witnessed this season's hottest trend in some form or fashion. What is it you may ask? FEATHERS of course! From hair extensions to to clothing to jewelry, the fashion industry is obsessed with our lighter-than-air friends. I know M-pants and I have admired the owl trend for some time with her room decor and my owl jewelry. The bird obsession has taken almost a tribal Native American feel in recent months. Flipping through this month's Elle magazine you can see girls wearing combinations of feathers and leather fringe as earrings and as hair extensions.

Go to the "Happiness is..." blog to see more of these feather earrings!

I realized my obsession with the feather trend when I came back from NYC with a new pair of feather earrings to add to my collections of feather dresses, shirts, hair extensions, and feathery looking eyelashes...what could this trend be saying about our society? Back to the fashions mother nature gave us? I'll take it!

P.S.- Lookout for my post on DIY feather hair extensions! <3

xx Jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment